The Sheboygan Fire Department responded to a structure fire on the 2300 block of North 25th street yesterday. According to Battalion Chief Keith Risse, the call came just after 11:45 AM from an occupant of the residence who was unable to escape the building due to heavy smoke. Upon arrival, crews were able to breach the home, and make their way to the trapped individual who was trapped in the rear of the residence. A sweep of the home found no one else inside and the victim was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, and was transported to an area hospital for further evaluation. Crews remained on the scene for three and a half house battling the inferno.  The damage was estimated to cost around $85,000 dollars, and resulted in a fire fighter receiving unspecified injuries as well. Chief Risse wanted to point out that the combination of his crew’s quick action, and the fact that the smoke alarm in the unit was working properly, likely saved the life of the occupant.